Saturday 18 June 2011

Laundry - A Load A Day

This is certainly not one of my favourite jobs in the world, but I do have a few tips/ideas that help me to keep on top of the ever-growing laundry pile!



Firstly, I live by the Flylady theory of 'a load a day keeps Mount Washmore away'.  Every night as part of my Evening Routine (I will post about this soon), I put a load of washing in the machine and pour the detergent in the dispenser.  I don't press start, I just leave it sitting there. 


Then in the morning the first thing I do when I get out of bed is press the magic buttons and then my washing is being done by my lovely washing machine.  By having the clothes and detergent already in there, I don't need to do or think about anything in my morning daze, I simply press Start.  I can guarantee this is such an important part of getting the dirty laundry done.  If you have to search the house for dirty clothes or rifle through the laundry hamper and sort clothes into colour piles, then decide which type of load to do, it just makes the morning that much more stressful.  Through this blog, I want to help you to realise that you can have a nice, calm morning as you get ready for your day, including getting some important housework done in a stress-free way.

Then in about an hour, the machine beeps at me and I can hang my clothes on the line to dry :)
Done - now that wasn't hard was it?

And by doing a load a day, I don't spend my weekends doing load after load of laundry.  Most washing machines these days automatically gauge how much water to use depending on the size of the load, so it is not wasting water by washing daily, and the cycle is shorter if the load is smaller, so that uses less electricity too. 

Even though there are only 2 of us, I usually wash most days every week.  I generally do a load each of sheets, towels, lights, darks and Mick's work washing.  I have also been known to do pink loads of washing on occasion - I love hanging these out!



By doing smaller loads daily, it also breaks down the folding and putting-away into smaller, more manageable jobs - again this is something that helps to get it done straight away.  A huge, overflowing pile of laundry to be folded is much more threatening than a nice small load which can be done in 5 minutes.

Post a comment below if you have any tips for keep your laundry up to date...

1 comments:

Rach said...

Love the idea Cassi... Will give it a try once we move :) PS: I've done 6 loads this weekend... Ahhhhhh

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...