Tuesday 21 June 2011

Organising Accessories

Today, I am delighted to share with you how I organise my accessories.  I am lucky enough have the most amazing accessories cupboard!  I love to colour coordinate ribbons, bows, headbands, necklaces, bracelets, earrings - you name it, it has to match! 




I bought this wonderful cupboard from Ikea last year - it is certainly one of my best Ikea purchases ever!  You can find the link here.



My lovely cupboard stands at the end of my walk-in-robe, the front of the door is a full-length mirror.  This, in itself, is extremely useful.  Because of it's depth, it also has a nice shelf on top, which can be used to display special items. 



Then you open the door - and heaven awaits!  16 hooks for my ribbons, headbands, necklaces, bracelets, etc.  I just love being able to look for the colour I am wearing and instantly find matching accessories!  It makes getting ready so much fun :)


And my newest addition to the cupboard - my 'Bling Thing' from Spotlight.  I found this yesterday and was over the moon!  I had previously bought some hooks to screw into the inside of the door (the back side of the mirror) to hang my earrings, but it was a job that I hadn't gotten around to doing.  But with my Bling Thing it saves me a job!  All I need now is one hook to hold the hanger, and my work here is done.  I also poked some 15mm hooks into some of the holes to hold items such as hoop earrings and brooches, which wouldn't fit through the holes itself.


Previously, I had my earrings in two of these divided containers I stole from my husband's fishing room.  These containers are great, as you can colour code and easily see what you have.  But I will admit that I was slack at putting my earrings away at night, as I had to open the drawer, lift out the container and open the lid - too much effort ;)  Also, my bits and pieces were lying on top of each other, and now they are hanging nicely, which will eliminate scratches and tangles too.


My dear friend, Mel, has a similar cupboard that she bought from Aldi - it looks like a free-standing mirror on a white wooden frame, but the mirror is actually a hinged door (like mine), with lots of storage space for accessories hiding in behind.  It is fabulous too!

Let me know if you have any tips or ideas for organising your accessories :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...