Monday 31 December 2012

Balloon Pocket - A Fun Addition to a Birthday Card in the Mail

I love to send good old-fashioned mail.  Especially birthday cards!  Today I thought that I would share with you a little something that I added in with the birthday cards that I posted last year.




I got my inspiration online here.  Isn't this just the cutest idea?!  It was perfect for posting in the mail, as it sits flat in the envelope, so all you need is a regular postage stamp.  I also love that I could use up lots of cardstock scraps to create the pockets, and the balloons only cost a few dollars for a bag of 20.  I send LOTS of birthday cards, so I needed to make sure that what I add in is not expensive to buy.  It is easy to make a really small trinket into something thoughtful with the right inspiration and a little bit of crafty time!  I used lots of different paper combinations, just using complimentary patterns for the back and front of the pocket.


The tutorial over at Free Pretty Things shows step-by-step how to put these darling little packages together... I used a balloon pump to blow up the balloons (no germs), and the 'twist and peg' method to write on the balloon.  I recommend using good quality helium balloons, as the cheaper balloons lose their shape and go a bit wrinkly after being blown up once.


I pretty much followed the tutorial to the dot, just changing my little message from 'Excuse me, I need some air', to 'For your birthday... This year I wanted to take your breath away!'  



Such a simple concept, but such a great addition to a birthday card.

I have dear friend whose birthday is on the 3rd of January, so that always keeps me on my toes!  I have already posted her card and little treat for this year...  It's another sweet little idea found online, but you will have to wait until next year to see what it is - I don't want to wreck the surprise for everyone!  Thank goodness for those secret Pinterest boards ;)

And just in case you missed it, you can see how I prepared and organised my greeting cards for 2013 the other day here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...