Thursday 21 February 2013

Finishing Off Friday - 21st February 2013

This week my accomplishments are:

Photos

- I completed Macy's album.  Totally.  Completely.  Fully.  Done.  There will be no further updates on this project, since it is now complete!  Yippee!!  That is one mammoth task that is done, thanks to my system of breaking it down into weekly mini-projects.



- I filed photos for January 2013 into photo pocket pages, using the gorgeous Cherry core kit!  I completed the title cards and also the journalling too.  I am so excited that my photos are almost up to date now!


- I have put all of my Cherry Project Life cards into this tray, along with glue, scissors, pen, etc - I am hoping this little tray makes it easy to pull out everything I need when I do my layouts for each month.


Study

- I sorted out all of our Warranties and Instruction Manuals and filed them into a folder in alphabetical order.  Previously, they were stored in a box, which was working ok, but I just wanted it to be a little easier to find something, rather than sifting through the entire box, which did not have an order at all.  I also threw away old booklets, warranties and receipts for items that we no longer have.


- I sorted all of my cards, invitations and memorabilia into 'year' categories from 1998-2010.  They were in this big box, which I have just chucked them into over the years.  I filed each year of items into a snap lock bag, and then put them back into the box. This will make it easy to pop them into albums, if I decide to go back and put my old photos into new albums, so that the photos and memorabilia are altogether.  And if not, at least they are now organised for future reference.  I loved reading over the old cards - so many thoughtful words shared, and so many good memories triggered :)


- I also sorted this pile of scrapbooking paper and embellishments into my embellishments folders and scrapbooking paper drawer.  Lots of this was leftovers from Macy's album, but also just bits and bobs that I pulled out to use for other projects, and then never got around to filing away when I was finished with them.  At the moment, I just have a shelf that I pile this stuff up on for later filing.  Hopefully in my new study, I can work out a better system, but for now this works for me.


Nursery

- Not much to report this week.  Mum has made the curtain valance, but Mick hasn't had a chance to hang it yet, so I will save that picture for next week.

- I bought this gorgeous playmat off a friend - so in love with it!  The colours are so calm and soothing - just perfect for my colour theme :)


- And since I don't have much other baby stuff to share this week, and I know you all LOVE the baby updates, here is a very sweet gift that I was recently given for the bubs.  It is a glass vase, filled with baby washers, and this gorgeous snake toy on top just makes it so fun!  I thought this was such a lovely gift idea, and what a creative way to present it!  Thanks Mrs K - we love it ;) xx


Other Projects

- I spray painted some things that have been in my 'To Do' pile for a while:



* an embroidery hoop (which is going to be used to make a mobile for the nursery - not in the photo, I remembered to do this one later on)
* a lazy susan (for the study workbench - it was an old TV turntable)
* my pin cushion (a mini dress-maker's doll which I just love, but I didn't like the black wood - white is much more fresh!)
* a metal frame for a glass dish (which I have no idea what I am going to do with!)



It was a bit rainy here yesterday when I painted, so I will post proper 'after' pictures next week once everything is dry.

- I also spent a fair bit of time working on a number of small jobs for Mick's business.  I am trying to sort everything out so that we need the accountant less, and I can do more now that I have the time.  After him being in control of all of the company paperwork and files for the past 10 years, you can imagine how much fun I am having rifling through boxes of random papers and getting it all organised ;)  

We are heading up to the Sunshine Coast with my family this weekend - we can't wait!  We went last year for a long weekend and we all had such a great time, that we decided to do it again.  My sister found this amazing house on the canal at Mooloolaba, which comfortably sleeps the 10 of us, and the best part is that it has a pontoon, so we can take the boat and have it at the ready for boat rides.


Last year the weather rained and rained, plus it was winter so it was freezing cold!  The weather isn't looking too crash hot again this weekend, but hopefully this low pressure system will start to move away by this afternoon so that we can enjoy some fun in the sun.

Have a great weekend - I know I will!
xxx  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...