Wednesday 22 January 2014

Mango & Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing

This is one of my favourite summer salads.  It is so fresh and fun!  I know there are no quantities listed, as it is really one of those recipes where I just use what I have and gauge how colourful the salad is looking as to how much of each ingredient I add :)

I hope you enjoy it!




Salad Ingredients:
Mango
Avocado
Cucumber
Red capsicum
Shallots
Lime Juice
Red Onion
Blueberries (optional)

Citrus Dressing:
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon honey

Method:
1.  Combine citrus dressing ingredients in shaker.
2.  Add chopped red onion to shaker, and allow to soak in the dressing for 15 minutes, then remove and add to salad.
3.  Chop and combine salad ingredients in bowl.
4.  Add dressing just prior to serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...